We are committed to all our students having the best possible education and positive experiences during their time with us – making positive connections with their tutor, peers, subjects, through memorable experiences in school, trips and extra-curricular opportunities. To achieve this, we expect that students achieve at least 96% attendance every academic year.
There are a variety of reasons for students missing school. Some reasons are unavoidable, but we are committed to working with you to ensure that your child fully benefits from coming to school to form strong and lasting connections.
All absences have to be coded and then become part of your child's attendance record. Where a student is not in school and we don’t receive a reason, we have to mark this absence as unauthorised.
If your child is unable to attend school, please report the absence on the first day of absence, via our ClassCharts app. Please ensure you have the app installed and notifications enabled as we will communicate with you via the app if your child is not in school without a reason.
You are also be able to email, text or call:
Telephone 01926 812560 - press 1 for attendance
Text 01926 800044
Please leave a message if you are unable to speak to someone directly and continue to report each day of absence in the same way.
Application for leave of absence
Click to view or download
Attendance: Frequently Asked Questions
- What do I do if my child is ill and cannot attend school?
- Sometimes my child is late. Is this ok?
- My child has a medical/dental appointment in school time. Should I re-book it in non-school time?
- My family religion means my child needs to miss some days at school. What should I do?
- I would like to take my child out of school during term time for a family holiday. Is that ok?
- What is an unauthorised absence?
- What do I do if my child does not want to attend school?
- What is good attendance?
- Why is attendance important?