CPD Events for 2017/2018
We are excited to offer high quality CPD lead by outstanding practicing teachers and leaders with proven track records. We cover a vast range of curriculum areas, phases and aspects of learning and teaching and leadership.
During the school year of 2017-2018 we will be running several events for both secondary and primary schools. Consisting of ‘professional leaning courses’ and interesting ‘twilight session’.
Ongoing Professional Learning Courses
Specialist Leaders in Education (SLE):
We will also be offering training sessions for new and existing SLE’s. This course is a full day course which will be offered at three separate occasions over the school year. The following topics will be covered:
- Characteristics of an effective SLE’s
- Effective strategies
- Case studies – etc
Please complete the enquiry form for more information about S.L.E training.
The Developing Teacher (secondary):
This course is for Newly Qualified Teachers or teachers who would like to brush up on some of their existing teaching skills. This course covers five subjects which will run over five half days over the course of the school year.
The below sessions could be booked as a whole package (discounted rate), or as individual sessions.
- Lesson planning for clear progress
- Assessment for learning
- Marking, assessment and feedback
- Differentiation and challenge
- Teaching exam classes
Please complete the enquiry form for more details about package costings.
The Developing Head of Department:
This course is for New Heads of Departments, Aspiring Heads of Department and Heads of KS / curriculum areas. This is a half day course which focuses on developing the skills of middle leaders with curriculum responsibility. Subjects to be covered are:
- Creating an effective culture for staff and student development. Lesson observation training.
- Curriculum planning, department systems, assessment and data.
Please complete the enquiry form for more information.
Mental Health and Young People:
This course is aimed at all those working with young people and has been designed to give an insight into how to support students and their staff with mental health and mental ill health in schools. This is a half day course will cover the following areas:
- Using the correct terminology of mental health and mental ill-health
- Identifying how students and staff can suffer from mental ill health
- Building a whole school culture of mental health awareness and acceptance
- Practical strategies and resources to us when working with students and staff who may be suffering from mental ill health